Saturday 13 July 2013

Tea Box and Standee

Project 2

Tea packaging and standee

The brief:

For the second project we were given a choice to create either a packaging for cereal, tea, biscuit or coffee. I have chosen to design a packaging for tea as not only do I like drinking tea but I’m also very inspired by tea boxes. To go along with the packaging, we are also required to create a scale down standee to place the packaging.

Concept:

Tea box
The concept for the tea box is a homely and cozy feeling. This is the experience you get when drinking tea. I wanted to make the design simplistic yet still looks attractive and different. I think a simple teacup can illustrate all this. The shape of the teacup is a universal symbol for tea. When people see the teacup, the immediately think of how they feel when they are drinking tea.  The colors of the boxes add to the feel of the concept to invoke that warm and cozy sensation and amplify the person’s memory of the experience of drinking tea. I designed sketchy lines to make the box look rustic.

Standee

To keep with the concept of the tea box, I’ve decided to make design my standee like a wooden shelf. So it looks like you are at home. Not only that, the wooden shelf gives the illusion that of teacups on shelves as the design of the tea box is a tea cup. It is simple yet very attractive and it makes my tea boxes stand out. I didn’t want my standee to overpower my tea boxes. On top of the shelf is a enlarge version of the logo of the tea boxes which is the teacup. This not only informs people of what product and brand it is, but it also gives the illusion that the teacup is on top of a wooden shelf. I want everything to look cohesive and invoke the experience of drinking tea.

Inspirations:











1 comment:

  1. It was an amazing blog and very informative. Thank you. Get Custom Printed Pillow Boxes with amazing discounts by The Customize Boxes, We provides product packaging wholesale for your pillow product in the USA with FREE Shipping.

    ReplyDelete